"Connection failed. The server has reached the maximum number of simultaneous connections. (Error: RWI 00239)" occurs when using CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Infoview.
There are several reasons why this error would appear.
This document covers a few scenarios around the error and strategies to harden the CABI configuration to alleviate the issue.
- If the error is surfacing when a publication is sent via email having a dynamic recipient and Excel/PDF format.
This behavior was resolved in SAP Business Objects Enterprise 3.1 SP4, SP5 or SP6.
- Error surfaces when opening a Web Intelligence (WEBI) document.
When the error occurs, you can right-click on the Adaptive Job Server and/or WEBI Processing server via the Central Management Console (CMC) and select METRICS. You will see that there will be a 'Count Higher=5'. Adding a new WEBI Processing server will go a long way to alleviate the situation. You could also implement some additional tuning options:
- A. Login to Central Management Console -> Servers -> WEBI Processing server's properties. Look for below properties and change the values appropriate as indicated:
Cache Timeout: change it FROM 4370 minutes to 20 minutes
Max Documents per user: change it from 5 to 10
Document Cache Cleanup interval: 120 minutes to 20 minutes
Maximum Document Cache Size: 1000000 to 10240
Ensure 'Allow Document Map Maximum Size Errors' is ON
Note: Increasing the "Maximum Simultaneous Connections" value is not normally recommended.
- Restart WEBI processing server
- Add a new WEBI Processing server: Central Management Console -> New Server -> WEBI Service -> type an appropriate name (do not select the "single sign-on" option). Repeat Step 'A' to update the WEBI settings again on the newly created WEBI Processing Server.
- A known problem (PROB# 2648) with CA Service Desk might also result in CABI not clearing up old sessions. Basically when CA SDM is integrated with CABI and users use the Reports tab heavily and close their web browser as opposed to doing a proper logout in CA SDM, CA SDM may fail to send a logoff request to CABI. This would leave sessions open in CABI and thereby maxing out very quickly. A solution/testfix as part of PROB #2648 could be requested from CA Support.