After launching Fast Data Masker (FDM) and connecting to a SQL Server database profile, the error message "Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication." is dispalyed.
Error recreation steps:
1. Launch FDM.
2. Copy the default connection 'connectSQLSERVER.txt' by selecting it in the 'Connection Profiles' list on the left of the window and then clicking on the 'Copy Connection' button at the bottom of the window.
3. Enter in you own database connection information including:
- New connection name
Note: This is the name that will show in the 'Connection Profiles' list once it is saved. You will not see any underscores you type inside this connection window. It will look like there is a space there instead. For example, ‘connect_test’ will appear as ‘connect test’. If you get an error about the ‘Connection Name’, make sure the name starts with the word ‘connect’ before it.
- Choose 'SQL SERVER' from DBMS drop down box.
Note: The options of what you will be typing in next will change based on what DBMS is chosen from the drop down.
- Server Name\Instance
- User Name -- LEAVE BLANK for integrated authentication.
- Password -- LEAVE BLANK for integrated authentication.
- Database Name
- Default Schema
4. Save the connection by clicking on the 'Save' button at the bottom of the window.
5. Connect to this profile by clicking on the 'Connect' button at the bottom of the window.
Now you will see the error- "Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication."