Configuring Health Monitoring to restart CAF
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Desktop Management Suite
CA Client Automation
CA Desktop Management Suite:Release:12.9
CA Desktop Management Suite:Release:14.0
CA Desktop Management Suite:Release:1401
CA Desktop Management Suite:Release:1402
CA Client Automation:Release:12.9
CA Client Automation:Release:14.0
CA Client Automation:Release:1401
CA Client Automation:Release:1402
DESKTOP AND SERVER MANAGEMENT:DTSVMG
CA Client Automation:BITCM
How to configure Health Monitoring in CA Client Automation to start CAF if it is stopped?
CA Client Automation - 12.9, 14.0, 14.0 SP1, 14.0 SP2
Please follow the steps below to configure the Health Monitoring Agent to start CAF if it is stopped.
1. In the DSM Explorer, navigate to Control Panel, Configuration, Configuration Policy. Right-click and select 'New Policy'.
2. Give a desired name to the policy.
3. Drill down to DSM, Health Monitoring, Health Monitoring Agent.
4. Set the following policies to '
'Enable Alert Remediation'
'Enable Health Monitoring'
5. Navigate to DSM, Health Monitoring, Alert Configuration.
6. The Alert Configuration window will appear. Go to the 'Alerts' tab and select 'CAF Not Working'.
7. Set the Frequency for checking as desired.
8. For 'Remediation' select the script '
'. Click OK.
9. Right-click and select 'Seal' to seal the policy. Apply it to the desired machines.
If CAF is stopped on a computer, the Health monitoring agent will start CAF using the remediation script specified in step8 above.
For more information on Health Monitoring please refer the following links:
Was this information helpful?