Configuring APM 12.6 release for SSL, using IIS 7.x
See the following URL for an explanation of SSL certificates:
This procedure was verified in APM 12.6, C8 using IIS 7.5
- Configure IIS for SSL
- On APM Web Server, launch Internet Information Services Manager, and select 'Server Certificates'
- Create self-signed Certificate and give it a name
- Click on Default Web Site and select 'Bindings'
- Click Add and choose https, and specify the port and the SSL certificate name:
- Configure APM for SSL
- Login to APM and navigate to Administration - system configuration
- Click on Web Server and change the protocol to 'https' and SAVE.
- Repeat the step above, changing protocol to 'https' for the following additional sections:
Application server and WCF Service
- Reset IIS
Test by launching the application with https://ServerName/ITAM
Note that 'ServerName' in the URL should match the certificate server name. Typically, you will use the actual server name for the certificate and not 'localhost'.