How to configure the Health monitoring agent to restart the CAF service if it is stopped?
CA Client Automation - 12.9, 14.0, 14.0 SP1, 14.0 SP2
1. In the DSM Explorer, navigate to Control Panel, Configuration, Configuration Policy. Right-click and select 'New Policy'.
2. Give a desired name to the policy.
3. Drill down to DSM, Health Monitoring, Health Monitoring Agent.
4. Set the following policies to True.
'Enable Alert Remediation'
'Enable Health Monitoring'
5. Navigate to DSM, Health Monitoring, Alert Configuration.
6. The Alert Configuration window will appear. Go to the 'Alerts' tab and select 'CAF Not Working'.
7. Set the Frequency for checking as desired. The default values should be ok.
8. For 'Remediation' select the script 'hmStartCaf.dms'. Click OK.
9. Seal the Policy and apply it to the desired machines.
If CAF is stopped for some reason on a computer, the health monitoring agent will start CAF using the remediation script specified in step8 above.