Configure email for UMP Reports
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT:CAUIM
This procedure shows you how to modify the e-mail settings in UMP and wasp to email outgoing reports from UMP. (Note: This does not pertain to Unified Reporter or iReports.) Note that this information is also available in the UMP "Help" documentation.
Started job on Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 3:37:17 PM. Job was scheduled to run job on Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 3:37:17 PM.
Generating Performance Report "Unified Dashboards/VMware/VMware Guest Details" containing data from Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12:00:00 AM to Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM.
Successfully generated report in 0.675 seconds.
Emailing generated report to the following recipient(s) "
" with subject "Nimsoft VMWare sample report"
UNABLE TO EMAIL REPORT! The following error occurred : Email from address is not specified. Set the
email_from_address property in wasp.cfg.
Email from address is not specified. Set the email_from_address property in wasp.cfg.
Setting up automatic emails for UMP is a two-step process. First, the SMTP server has to be defined. Second, the 'email_from_address' key needs to be added to the reportscheduler webapp. ?
Configure Outgoing Mail Settings?
Follow these steps:
1. Choose the
, Control Panel menu option in UMP.
2. Scroll down and click Server Administration.?
3. Click the Mail link near the top.
4. Enter information for your mail server in the Outgoing SMTP Server and Outgoing Port fields.?
5. Enter information in other fields if appropriate for your mail server.?
6. Click Save.?
Configure the From Email Address?
Follow these steps:
1. Open Infrastructure Manager.?
2. Click on the robot for the primary hub in the tree view.?
3. Click the wasp probe to select it in the top right pane.?
4. Press CTRL and right-click, then choose
from the popup menu.?
5. Expand the
folder in the tree view of the
in the tree view.
9. Enter the email address you want to use as a
This must be a valid email address for your SMTP server.?
, then click
again to close the
11. Restart the wasp probe.?
keywords: cannot email scheduled reports wasp error message UMP address email_from_address SMTP mail server email UMP Unified Monitoring Portal (UMP) smtp
Was this information helpful?