CA LMP (License Management Program), a subcomponent of the Common Services for z/OS CAIRIM component, provides a standardized method of tracking licensed CA software. LMP is used to verify the CA Software executing on a specific CPU is licensed for that specific machine.
The format of each key consists of the following:
PROD(pp) DATE(ddmmmyy) CPU(tttt-mmmm/ssssss) LMPCODE(kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk)
- PROD - two character product code
- DATE - the expiration date of the licensing agreement in the format of
- 01JAN17 = January 1, 2017
- the two character year assumes 20xx where xx=the last two digits of the year ie. 17 = 2017.
- ssssss=serial number
- kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk = the execution key used to run the software solution