Deploying agents starts with transferring the DMBoot.exe, DMKeydat.cer and DMSetup.exe (Primer + CAM) package to the target.
Once this is done, The primer install will be triggered to install via DMBoot.exe (CA BootStrap Service) along with CAM and used to facilitate the deployment of the actual CA IT Client Automation agent plugins onto the system. As soon as the trigger is processed, the temporary service will be removed. This usually happens very quickly and the temporary service may never been seen by the end user.
If the transfer of the primer fails with a "no primer transport" error, the following is a list of possible causes:
- Ping (Echo port 7) and/or NSLookup of the target (hostname / IP address) may not be working.
- Admin$ share may not be accessible
- A previous agent uninstall may have left corrupt registry service entries behind preventing CAM service creation
- Agent was uninstalled from this machine and there are still CAM entries in the Registry preventing CAM re-installation.
- A missing or invalid DMKeydat.cer file may exist in Admin$
- Remote registry service disabled on target machine.
- Windows installer service disabled on the target machine.
- May be deploying 'Via Scalability Server' but agent package may not have been staged to the SS via the Deployment Wizard.
- Deployment Server might have two NICs enabled and agent deployment process is using the wrong NIC
- Firewall problem/Ports not open bi-directionally
4104 UDP, 4105 TCP - CAM (UDP and local TCP Port)
4728 TCP - Port Multiplexer
7163 TCP - CA Connection Broker Service (External CAM TCP Port)
7 TCP - Echo
135 TCP - Primer Install Trigger Port (CA Bootstrap temporary service)
- 139, 445 TCP & UDP - File Share ports
Make a NEW custom configuration policy and apply it to the Domain Manager directly or to a computer group containing this machine:
- admin$ share not accessible via target user credentials supplied in the deployment wizard (if needed) or credentials invalid.
- An anti-malware or virus application that incorrectly blocks the components involved in the deployment.
- An incorrect target drive letter specified (C:\ always used by default). Some environments require to install on drive like D:\ and/or the C:\ drive does not exist at all. The install modules are copied to the admin$ share but then can not installed on the specified drive if it does not exist. As CAM and DMPrimer can not be installed, there is no way to send feedback back to the Domain Manager. The affected options are set on the "Agent Configuration" of the Deployment Wizard and are "Advanced Options" for the DMPrimer installation and "additional Windows install options" for the package installation.
- The following can resolve the issue if port 7 cannot be used or if a forcible re-copy of the primer installer is needed even if one is detected on the target
Go To Control Panel->Configuration->Configuration Policy-><Custom Policy Name>->DSM->Manager->Infrastructure Deployment
Set: AlwaysDeploy=1 AND AlwaysDeployPrimer=1"
- If the issue still exists at this point, please open a trouble ticket with product support via support.ca.com web site or 1-800-CALL-CAI