This document explains how to start the Live Health applications (Live Exceptions, Live Status, Live Trend) in debug mode. The instruction are only relevant for eHealth/Live Health versions 6.3.x (from 6.3.0 and higher), which use Java Runtime Environment JRE.
How to enable and collect debug logs and data for Live Health applications - Live Exceptions, Live Status and Live Trend, when running eHealth 6.3.x versions that use Java Runtime Environment JRE.
Any Operating System
1. Open a web browser and go to http://<eHealthServerName>/liveDebug/liveDebug.jnlp
2. The following Advanced Logging debug editor window will open with a number of debugging options:
3. Enable debug logging by checking the relevant boxes in the top line of options (Live Exceptions, Live Status, Live Trend).
Leave the other flags under Components and Options as is, unless directed to change them by Support.
4. Make note of the “Advanced Log Directory” path where the log file will be generated. We suggest changing the location to '$NH_HOME/log/advanced'
(where $NH_HOME is the path to your eHealth application).
Note: in versions prior to eHealth 6.3.1.05, there was a bug in the debug editor tool that prevented changing the location to save logs. This has now be fixed.
5. Click “OK” to save changes and close the debug editor.
6. Open the Live Health application you are working on and replicate the problem. Exit the application when done.
7. Open the liveDebug.jnlp browser page again (as in step 1) and in the Advanced Logging debug editor uncheck the boxes previously selected to disable debug mode.
8. Collect all the files created in the Advanced Log Directory selected in step 4 and upload them to the Support Case for analysis.
For instruction on how to activate Live Health debug in earlier versions of eHealth (6.0, 6.1, 6.2.x), please refer to Knowledge Base Article TEC1090983