Here is a method to update the Patch status "Not Applicable" on OnlineCIC from Offline Patch Management.
1. On Offline Patch Management (machine which has access to mdb), copy the attached file PM_export_status.txt into C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CIC\bin and rename it as PM_export_status.bat
The syntax of this command is :
PM_export_status.bat [user] [password]
user : user for db. If missing trusted connection is used.
password : password of user to access the database
PM_export_status.bat sa pwdsa
PM_export_status.bat ca_itrm NOT_changedR11
Remark : This script retrieves the SQL Server Name and Instance from local comstore.
2. Execute the script PM_export_status.bat. This should generate a file PM_export_status.txt containing 2 UPDATE SQL request.
3. On CIC Online machine, copy the attached file h2_update_status.txt in directory C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CIC\bin and renamed it as h2_update_status.bat
Copy in same directory the file PM_export_status.txt generated in previous step.
Default cicuser password is : CAC0nt3nt!4CIC
If it has been changed, edit file h2_update_status.bat with notepad and change the password in line “SET CICUSER_PASSWORD=”
4. In CIC Online, stop the processes which are accessing h2 database:
- Stop “CA Content Import Client” service:
- Shutdown CIC Manager using Administrator privileges.
5. Do a copy of file C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CIC\bin\content.h2.db to create a backup of database (useful in case of problem).
6. Execute C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CIC\bin\h2_update_status.bat with Administrator privileges.
7. Restart “CA Content Import Client” service.
And Launch CIC Manager.
Filter “Pending User Acceptance” displays much less patches (957 in this example against 24807 before):
This procedure could be executed regularly (maybe once a month) to update the status of new patches and Patch status for new installed computers and/or software.