A WIP transaction originated from timesheet or XOG (when externalID is used) has external ID in the PPA_WIP table. After an adjustment has been approved on such transaction, the new adjustment row created as a result of the WIP adjustment will not retain the external_ID value from the original (adjusted) row. This can cause problems when clients run reports
Voucher transactions do not have ppa_wip.external_id value and are not affected.
Steps to Reproduce:
- XOG in a transaction with quantity = 2, externalID="myExternalID_123"
- Run Post Transactions to Financial job, then post the transaction to WIP
- Query ppa_wip to make sure the transaction's External ID is there for this transaction and note down its transno value. Let's say the transno is 5001001
select * from ppa_wip where EXTERNAL_ID = "myExternalID_123"
- Go back to Clarity Create WIP Adjustment page, select the transaction and adjust the transaction by changing its quantity = 5
- Submit the adjustment
- Approve the adjustment
- Run the query with the original transno value to get the adjustment transaction's transno
from ppa_wip where transno = 5001001 -- replace with the real transaction number
Let's say applyto value is 5001002 in this example, this is the transno for the adjustment transaction that gets inserted with status=0 by the WIP adjustment
- Run the following query to check the EXTERNAL_ID on the original WIP records:
where transno = 5001001 -- replace with the real transaction number
The returned EXTERNAL_ID value is "myExternalID_123", as expected.
- Run the following query to check the EXTERNAL_ID on the new WIP records:
where transno = 5001002 -- replace with the real transaction number
Expected Result: EXTERNAL_ID value should be "myExternalID_123"
Actual Result: EXTERNAL_ID value is null
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.3
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-57204, clarity12resolved, clarity1213resolved, revmgr.