The documentation for the section on how to 'Define Financial Properties (Investments)' in the Clarity Project Management Guide, provides the following description for the Billing Currency field:
Billing Currency Code
Defines the currency used to process chargebacks and financial transactions on the project. This value becomes read-only after processing transactions on the project.
We have an existing project without any transactions yet and if we attempt to change the Billing Currency, we get an error message. How can we change the Billing Currency Code on the Project Financial Properties if a detailed Cost Plan has already been created?
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a Project
- Select a Department OBS Unit
- Create a Cost Plan
- Navigate to the Settings (Financials) subpage on the project and change the Billing Currency code
- Click 'Save' or 'Save and Return' button - Error: Billing Currency can't be changed after cost plans have been created.
The documentation is incomplete.
The Billing Currency Code on the Project Settings (Financial) page can only be changed if no detailed cost plan has been created nor any financial transactions created.
Here are a few scenarios that will not allow the Billing Currency field to be changed:
- If no detailed cost plan has been created, but transactions have been created, the Billing Currency cannot be changed.
- If only a detailed cost plan has been created, but no transactions have been created yet, the Billing Currency cannot be changed.
- If both a detailed Cost Plan and financial transactions have been created, then the Billing Currency cannot be changed.
- If the Billing Currency Code is not configured on the Project Settings (Financial) properties page, an error message may appear stating that the Billing Currency cannot be changed as noted in TEC444471.
A documentation issue has been logged CLRT-69574. The product guide will be updated in a future release. Refer to this article for complete details on how the application functions.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-69574, how-to, configuration, revmgr.