The notes created on a timesheet for a resource store the resource user name value. When the resource user name is modified through the Clarity administration tool, the existing notes are not updated with the new user name and therefore will no longer appear.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into Clarity as the Administrator
- Go to the Admin Tool
- Select resources
- Click on New to create a new user with the username 'user'. Enter all required details
- Give the resource access rights to edit timesheets
- Go to the Application Side and add the resource, user, to a project and assign it to a task
- Ensure the resource is open for time entry
- Log out as the administrator andlog in as the new resource you created above, user.
- Go to the Timesheets link
- Open a new timesheet
- Enter time for the resource on a task
- Go to the Notes
- Add a new note and save it
- Log out from Clarity
- Login back with the same user 'user'
- Notice that the Note on the timesheet still exists
- Now login to the Clarity with administrator account and change the username for the resource 'user' to 'usertest' on the Admin Tool side
- Login back to Clarity with the new username 'usertest'
- Open the timesheet on which the notes were entered earlier
Expected Result: The notes created on the timesheet as the previous username still exists when the username is changed in Clarity.
Actual Result: The notes on the original timesheet disappear when the username is changed.
The timesheet notes are stored in the PRNOTE table. The 'prcreatedby' and 'prmodby' fields are not updated when the user name is updated from the Clarity Admin Tool.
Change the username back to the original username via the Clarity Admin Tool and the Notes appear on the timesheet.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-59398 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-59398, clarity12open.