If a Role Name is greater than 64 bytes, the save action generates an error message on the Task Assignment Properties page. The data is saved properly. The issue is with the user interface.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator user
- Main Application > Resources > Click 'New' button
Select 'Role' and 'Labor', click 'Next' button
Role Name = 'A really really really really really really really really really really really long role name'
Role Id = 'really_really_really_really_long'
Click 'Submit' button
- Main Application > Projects > Select an existing Project
- Project > Team > Staff > Add the new Role to the project
- Project > Tasks > Work Breakdown Structure > Add a new Task
- Assign the new role to the task
- Click on the Role's Assignment Properties Icon
- Modify the Assignment Dates or the ETC
- Click 'Save' or 'Submit' button
Expected: Modifications should be saved without any errors or issue
Actual: A red error message 'Value Too Large' appears with a yellow triangle icon next to the 'Resource' field and the Resource field shows as editable.
Since the field appears as editable, if you enter a small text string (any value like 'xx'; it does not matter) in the field and click 'Save' or 'Submit' button, the modifications are saved.
Resolved in Clarity 13.1.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-25392, clarity13resolved, clarity1310resolved.