In Clarity if you baseline a project, then use Update Baseline on a task with an assignment and no usage this causes the assignment baseline start to be 12/29/1899 and the finish to be 12/30/1899. This is caused when JRE 1.6.0_20 is installed on the workstation.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install JRE 1.6.0_20 on your workstation (this is JRE related bug)
- Log into Clarity 12.1
- Create a project
- Create a task with dates 3/2/11 - 4/2/11
- Baseline the project
- Add a resource to the team
- Assign the resource to the task
- Zero out the ETC
- On the WBS view select the task and click on Update Baseline
- Answer Yes
- Click on the task
- Configure the assignment section and add Baseline start and Baseline Finish
- Click Save and Exit
- Review the Baseline Start and Finish dates
Expected Results: The baseline start to be 3/2/11 and the baseline finish being 4/2/11
Actual Results: The baseline start is 12/29/1899 and the baseline finish is 12/30/1899
Use JRE 1.6.0_18 or baseline the task in OWB
This has been identified as defect CLRT-59655 and is currently in development being reviewed.
Keywords: CLRT-59655, Update Baseline, Task, Assignment, no usage, 1899, Baseline Finish, Baseline Start.