The the 'Primary Role' field in the Department Resources portlet filter section is empty when browsing for a value
Portlet Name = Department Resource
System Provider = Resources with Aggregation
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator
- Main Application > Departments > select 'myDepartment001'
- Click 'Resources' Tab
- In the 'Department Resource Aggregation' portlet, click 'Resources' icon
- In the 'Department Resource' portlet, click the 'browse' icon next to 'Primary Role' field in the Filter Section
Expected Result: To see a list of Primary Roles
Actual Result: Browse window is empty.
URL for Browse Window:
Two 'Primary Role' attributes are appearing in the portlet. The end-user can change the configuration in the layout (Workaround #1) or build a power filter using the 2nd 'Primary Role' field (Workaround #2)
The end-user can change the layout of the portlet in the Main Application. This change will only apply to this end-user. There is no ability in the Admin Tool to resolve this configuration as these portlets are restricted and are not available for such configurations.
The steps below describe how each end-user can modify the layout to resolve this problem:
- From the Department Resources Portlet [--Actions--] > Configure > General Properties page > Click 'Restore Defaults' button
- Alert: Do you want to restore your filter and list back to the default view?
Click 'Yes' button
- Navigate to List Filter Section > Layout
Move the 2nd 'Primary Role' attribute from the 'Available' list to the bottom of the 'Selected Left Column' list
Click 'Save and Exit' button
- Note, the 1st 'Primary Role' attribute disappeared from the Filter Section Layout and now the 2nd 'Primary Role' field appears along with another field named 'Filter Mode'
This is because the 'Primary Role' is a hierarchical lookup and needs to have a filter mode for including descendents in the results.
- Click 'browse' icon next to the new 'Primary Role' field in the Filter Section - the browse window now has a listing of Roles as expected.
Select a Role > Click 'Add' button
- Change Filter Mode choice as desired and then click 'Filter' button to return results
If the end-user does not want to reconfigure the page, the end-user can build power filters to return results based on the 'Primary Role' in the Main Application. This resolution only applies to this end-user.
- From the Department Resources Portlet Filter Section, click [Build Power Filter] hyperlink
- From the 'Left' part of the expression, select the 2nd 'Primary Role' attribute listed in the pull-down list
- From the 'Right' part of the expression, click the 'browse' icon
(the list of 'Primary Roles' will be presented to the end-user as expected)
- Select the appropriate 'Primary Role' > click 'Add' button
- Click 'Add' button to create the Expression
- Click 'Submit' button
- The results are returned as expected
This issue has been documented as CLRT-61369 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-61369, clarity12open, revmgr.