When creating a new project, and browsing the Department OBS, if there are no projects with a null Location in the system, then the Department OBS browser does not display all OBS Unit [if any OBS Unit at all is displayed].
"no project with a null Location exist in the system" covers both the case when no project exist in the system, and the case when all projects have a Location assigned [which may happen if the Location is made a Required field, for example].
Steps to Reproduce:
- Take a brand-new Clarity installation. We are going to test the case when no pre-existing project is in the system.
- Go to the Administration menu.
- Add a new OBS [say Depts OBS], ensuring that it's associated to the Project object. A 1-level OBS is sufficient.
- Add a new OBS [say Locs OBS], ensuring that it's associated to the Project object. A 1-level OBS is sufficient.
- In the Financial setup, add a new Entity.
- Make "Depts OBS" the Department OBS for the Entity, and "Locs OBS" its Location OBS. Other settings for the Entity are not really relevant.
- Still in the Financial setup, add a new Location for that Entity.
- Go to the Application menu.
- Create 4-5 Departments for the new Entity.
- Add the location to each Department.
- Create a new Project.
- Click on the Departments OBS browser.
Expected Result: All Departments to show up.
Actual Result: Some or no OBS Units show up.
If at least one project exists [even an inactive one] with a null/blank Location, then the OBS browse works fine.
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.3
Resolved in Clarity 13.0.1, 13.1.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-58609, clarity12resolved, clarity1213resolved, clarity13resolved, clarity1301resolved, clarity1310resolved.