The Default Allocation attribute in the TEAM object is set to 0%. Everything worked fine until recently, eventhough the Default Allocation value is still 0%. However when attempting to add resources to a project team, the application is behaving as if the default value is set to 100%
After further investigation, we determined that the Team Default Allocation value was saved by a user with a non-English locale setting and the format of the Default Allocation as '0,00%' (with a comma) causes the application to behave in this manner.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator
- Home > Account Settings > Locale > set to a non-English format
- Administration > Studio: Objects > Team > Attributes
- Find 'Default Allocation' attribute (ID=prallocdefault) > Properties
- Enter '0' into the Default field
- Click 'Save' button > the value changes to '0,00%'
- Click 'Save' button again (so that the value appearing in the box is saved as displayed)
- Home > Projects > Open an existing Project > Team
- Click 'Add' button > Select a Resource > click 'Add' button
Expected Result: The application should add the resource at 0% allocation - no alert messages should appear.
Actual Result: The action of adding a resource to a project team causes the application to use 100% as the default allocation value.
Reset the Default Allocation attribute default value to '0', click 'Save' button.
Once the saved value '0' refreshes on the page ; it will be displayed in the format of the end-user's locale setting.
Be sure that the 'Save' button is not clicked again when the number is formatted with commas.
If changes must be made on this page, before clicking the 'Save' button again, change the default value to '0'.
Resolved in Clarity 13.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-50819, clarity12open, clarity13resolved, prallocdefault, regional settings, number format.