The System Default Filter Options on a portlet list view are set not to show any results until the end-user performs a search. This works when the page is initially loaded, but not later when the end-user selects the 'System Default' saved filter. This happens on any portlet that utilizes the List View [Options] 'Do not show results until I filter'.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as an Administrator
- Admin Tool > Studio: Objects > select an investment object, such as the Project Object
- Views > Program List [Options] > select 'Do not show results until I filter' > click 'Save' button > click 'Cancel' button
- Views > Project List [Options] > select 'Do not show results until I filter' > click 'Save' button > click 'Cancel' button
- Click 'Publish' button (this will remove any personalized views for all end-users)
- Login to Clarity as an end-user
- Main Application > Portfolio Management: Projects or Programs
- No results are automatically shown - see message 'To view results, click Show All or enter search criteria and click Filter'
- Enter some criteria and filter for results
- In the Filter pull-down menu, select 'System Default'
Expected Result: The portlet should behave the same as when the page is loaded and the 'System Default' Filter is invoked. (No results are automatically shown - see message 'To view results, click Show All or enter search criteria and click Filter')
Actual Result: The Filter Option for the System Default is not working after filtering for other criteria; it performs a 'Show All'
One possible workaround is to set a default value on one of the Filter fields that you know will generate no rows.
This issue has been documented and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-12968, clarity8open, clarity12open.