When the schedule format of a Business Objects report is set to Microsoft Excel (Data Only) and is scheduled to run via Clarity, it remains in a "processing" status. The report is successfully generated in Business Objects and can be viewed via Infoview and CMC. However, as it is not yet completed in Clarity, it is not accessible via the Report library. The same report can be successfully generated when the report is run in immediate mode.
This will occur for any report format other than Webi or Crystal reports.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in BO Central Management Console.
- Go to Home > Folder > CA Reports > CA Clarity.
- Select any report e.g. Key Tasks and Milestone Status.
- Select Schedule tab.
- Select Format sub tab.
- Change the format to Microsoft Excel (Data Only).
- Set options as appropriate and update:
- Change Column width based on objects in the: to Details.
- Check Export object formatting, Export Images, Maintain Column alignment, Export page header and page footer.
- In Clarity go to Reports and Jobs > Reports > Available reports
- Select the report amended in Business Objects e.g. Key Tasks and Milestone Status
- Schedule the report and monitor
Expected Results: The Key Tasks and Milestone Status reports gets completed and is accessible via the Report Library.
Actual Results: The Key Tasks and Milestone Status reports remains in processing status indefinitely.
Run the report in immediate mode.
Leave the report format as Crystal Report (default mode) in Business Objects, schedule the report and then when accessing the report use the save to excel feature.
Resolved in Clarity 13.3
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-56610, clarity13resolved, clarity133resolved.