When copying tasks from a template, if resources are assigned to the task that are copied, the resources do become team members, they do not become
participants, even if they are participants on the template.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a resource of your choosing.
- Navigate to Settings, under Project Management on the admin side of Clarity.
- Confirm that "Automatically Add Staff Members As Project Participant" is set to "When added to project".
- Create "Project A" and mark as a template.
- Create "Task 1"
- Add the resource from step 1 to "Project A" and assign the resource to "Task 1".
- Create "Project B".
- Navigate to the task list page for "Project B".
- Click on "Copy from Template" and select "Project A".
- Select "Task 1" and "Copy".
- Navigate to the "Participants subpage of "Project B".
Expected Result: See the resource created in step 1 listed as a participant in Project B.
Actual Result: Resource created in step 1 is not listed as a participant in Project B.
Manually add resources as participants to the project(s).
This issue has been documented as CLRT-52821 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this issue and the workaround does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Support.
Keywords: CLRT-52821, Participants, Template, Copy, Clarity12open, ClarityKB