The Resource Planning > Workloads portlet is showing a total Allocation value greater than the total shown on the Resource Allocations > Weekly Detail Portlet. The additional allocation total is coming from inactive investments when the 'Show All' filter button is used.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Added Labor Staff Member to Inactive Project (or other type of investment) / 100% allocation
- Added Labor Staff Member to Active Project (or other type of investment) / 100% allocation
- Executed Time Slicing job
- Resource > Allocation Weekly Detail Portlet
Inactive project - no allocation slices as expected / total Allocation value = non-zero
Active project - allocation slices are shown / total Allocation value is expected
- Resource Planning > Workloads
- Filter by Resource OBS Unit > Click the Allocation number link to compare to the Resource Weekly Detail portlet ; it matches
- Filter by Resource ID > Click the Allocation number link to compare to the Resource Weekly Detail portlet ; it matches
- Filter 'Show All' > Click the Allocation number link to compare to the Resource Weekly Detail portlet
Expected Result: Show Allocation Total only for Active Investments.
Actual Result: Allocation Total is shown for both Active and Inactive Investments.
Clicking the 'Filter' button with or without additional criteria yields the expected results.
This is working as design. An enhancement request has been implemented on 12.1 to remove the hard coded investment active status condition for this portlet, so that a customer would have the ability to see data from inactive investments.
Reference the CA Clarity Project and Portfolio Manager Change Impact and Upgrade Guide for Clarity 12.1 Service Pack 1 - In the Studio Section or
Chapter 2 : Resource Workloads Portlet - Filtering Resources by Active Resource and Investments.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-65347, clarity12resolved, clarity1211resolved.