In clustered Clarity 12.1 environment in which the Clarity application resides on two Windows servers A & B, and server B also has CABIr3 (BOXI 3.1) installed on it - you will be unable to deploy and start the Clarity 'Reports' service on server B.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install Clarity 12.1 on two separate Servers (Server A, Server B)
- Install/configure CABIR3 on Server B
- Cluster and configure Clarity on Server A and Server B (beacon must be running on both, must have same multicast and bind addresses, pointed at same db, etc)
*Configure as detailed on page 25 of 12.1 Installation Guide, "Small Architecture with Tomcat"*
- Try to start Reports service on Server B
Expected Result: Should be able to manage Reports service which is deployed on separate Reporting server
Actual Result: Unable to start or manage Reports service which is deployed on separate Reporting server
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create a back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
Steps to be completed on the Report Server:
- Backup any registry keys that are modified below
- Go to the registry node (regedit)
- Edit the 'DisplayName' value to remove the instance name and parentheses - rename the service Server Intelligence Agent
- Restart the server.
- After restart, go to %CLARITY_HOME%\.setup\templates\bin\reports\bo and update the SERVICE_NAME variable to Server Intelligence Agent in both the nikureports.bat and the servicereports.bat.
You will now be able to add, start and stop the Clarity 'Reports' service (Business Objects CMS) via the standard control interfaces such as Clarity System Administration (CSA) and the Command Line (cmd).
This issue is documented as CLRT-58509 and is in review with sustaining development.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-58509, clarity12open, clarity13open.