When plan values get entered into a fiscal time period and the plan duration is then modified so that the fiscal time period now falls outside of the plan duration, the values stored in ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST table are not deleted. This creates a discrepancy between slice table and the cost plan UI as well as other plan tables such as fin_cost_plan_details. Comparing the slice table date range against the plan duration can quickly point to the steps to reproduce involving changing plan start or finish dates.
If the plan duration is then changed to the original or a wider duration, the UI still shows 0 (as expected), the slice table still holds the old values and the discrepancy remains. This makes it harder to identify the steps to reproduce since the slice table now shows data for a fiscal time period that is within the plan duration seen from the UI.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a cost plan, starts January 2011, ends December 2011
- Add a line item; enter $500 planned cost to January 2011
- Check table ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST and verify that a record now exists representing the value entered
select * from odf_ssl_cst_dtl_cost where prj_object_id in (select id from fin_cost_plan_details where plan_id=???)
-- plan_id=??? shall be the internal id for the plan, visible from the URL on the cost plan properties page
- Navigate to the cost plan Properties tab
- Change Plan start date to February 2011, Save.
- On Flat and Aggregated Views, total cost is $0 as expected; the Simple Budget page now shows $0 for Planned Cost as expected.
- Repeat step 3 to check table ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST again for the cost plan
Expected Result: No record is returned
Actual Result: Same result from step 3, a record holding start and finish dates as well as the daily slice value is returned
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.3
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.1 Generic Patch. Reference TEC553491.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-65373, clarity12resolved, clarity1213resolved.