We are updating existing projects to replace inactive Project Managers with an active Project Manager. We have activated audit trail for the Project Manager field. The audit record shown on the Project > Audit tab shows a blank Old Value for the inactive resource.
Setup Audit Trail:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator
- Admin Tool > Studio: Objects > Project Object > Audit Trail
- Select and move 'Manager' attribute to 'Audited Attributes'
- Click 'Save and Exit' button
Steps to Reproduce:
- Resource1 is an active user and is the Project Manager on some Projects
- Admin Tool > Resources > Resource1 profile is marked 'Inactive'
- Navigate to this Resource > Instance Rights > click 'Project - Manager (Auto)' access right
- A list of projects will be displayed for this inactive project manager > Click on the name of a project to change the Manager Name
- Click Project Manager 'browse' icon > Select an 'Active' Resource (Resource2) > Click 'Add' button
- Click 'Save' button
- Navigate to Project > Audit Tab
Expected Results: Old Value = Resource1
Actual Results: Old Value = blank
Reactivate the resource before making the change on the project. The Audit Trail will capture the Old Value correctly and the value will be seen on the Audit Trail even when the Resource is deactivated later.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-62886 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Technical Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-62886 clarity12open, lookup, browse_projmgr.