Project Hierarchy: Effort Rollup - 'Self' Baseline Work value is overstated because it is including the children investment Baseline Work values
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create 'project 1' and 'project 2'
- For both projects, add Team Staff, create tasks and assign the resources to the tasks
- Enter actuals for resources against the task for both projects
'project 1' > hours = 40
'project 2' > hours = 60
- Create Baseline for project 1 to obtain usage value (40)
- Create Baseline for project 2 to obtain usage value (60)
- 'project 1' > Properties: Subproject, add 'project 2' as subproject
- 'project 1' > Properties: Baseline
Click 'Update Baseline' button to update 'Usage' field
(This will add the Usage from both Project 1 & 2 = 100 hours)
- 'project 1' > Hierarchy: Effort Rollup (Basic View)
Expected Result: Project 1 'Self' should show Baseline Work value of 40.
Actual Result: Project 1 'Self' shows Baseline Work value of 100.
This issue has been documented and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-57585, CLRT-40634, clarity12open.