If there is a GEL script in the Start Step of a process and you try to read the process definition via XOG, a blank write file is created. If use the same exact process with the gel script moved to the first step, the process XOGs out successfully and puts the required data in the write file.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a process with a GEL script in the start step
- XOG the process definition out
- Look at the output file
EXPECTED RESULTS: The process definition will XOG out successfully.
ACTUAL RESULTS: None of the process definition information is included in the write file that is created. The output file indicates that the process was xogged out successfully.
- Add a step in between the Start step and the following step.
- Move all actions, gel scripts, post conditions, etc. to the new step you created.
- Delete all of the items you moved from the Start step.
- Point the Start step to the new step you created.
- Save and Validate the process.
The process will now XOG out successfully.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-57405 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
KEYWORDS: CLARITYKB, CLRT-57390, clarity12open, process, definition, xog, xml open gateway.