If user has a project with a larger name and most likely multi-byte characters, in Print Invoices page will have error [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "NIKU.PAC_BIL_INVPRINTLOOKUP_SP"
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project with very large name and multi-byte characters
- Select a project, add financially enabled resource to team, create a task and add the resource to the task
- Create a transaction with the project, task and the resource
- Post to WIP
- Select the transaction to generate an invoice
- Go to Print Invoices page
- Select Project = the project code from step 2
- Click Filter
Expected: No error should appear when filter by project code on Print Invoices page
Actual: User got error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "NIKU.PAC_BIL_INVPRINTLOOKUP_SP"
The workaround is to increase the size of the following column that controls the variable data type like so.
Alter table TEMP_PAC_BIL_INVPRINTLOOKUP modify project_name varchar(256)
Pending resolution in a future Clarity release.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-52574, clarity12open, print invoice, filter, project_name, ORA-06502