If user has a project with a larger name and most likely multi byte characters, in Issue Credit Memo page, user will get error when filtering:
Internal Server Error. Contact your site administrator. ([CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "NIKU.PAC_BIL_CM_INVLOOKUP_SP", line 596 ORA-06512: at line 1)
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project with very large name and multi byte characters.
- Select a project, add financially enabled resource to team, create a task and add the resource to the task.
- Create a transaction with the project, task and the resource.
- Post to WIP.
- Select the transaction to generate an invoice.
- Go to Issue Credit Memos page.
- Select a record and click Filter.
Expected: No error should appear when filter by any parameter on Issue Credit Memo page.
Actual: User got error: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "NIKU.PAC_BIL_CM_INVLOOKUP_SP".
The workaround is to increase the size of the following column that controls the variable data type like so.
Alter table temp_tempPAC_BIL_CM_INVLOOKUP_ modify project_name varchar(256)
Pending resolution in a future Clarity release.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-52572, clarity12open, issue credit memo, filter, PAC_BIL_CM_INVLOOKUP_SP.