When you xog an investment instance like an application or asset into Clarity there is no entry made in the inv_hierarchies table. This works in 12.0 base and in the customer's previous versions of Clarity (8.1 FP01 and 8.0 base). The client has portlets that make use of information in this table and are affected by this problem.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create an 2 Assets or 2 Applications. I called mine Parent Application/parent_app and Child Application/child_app.
- Go to the hierarchy tab of object instance that will be your parent and add the other instance as a child.
- Xog out the Parent application or asset.
- Xog it back into the same server with a new name and id. I used Parent Application 2/parent_app_2.
- Run the following query against the database:
from inv_investments inv
, inv_hierarchies hier
where inv.id = hier.child_id
and inv.name like '%Parent Application%'
EXPECTED RESULTS: You should see results for both Parent Application and Parent Application 2.
ACTUAL RESULTS: You only see results for Parent Application.
TECHNICAL DETAILS: I could not replicate the problem under 12.0 base Oracle. I was able to replicate the problem on various 12.0.1 through 12.0.6 servers on comweb or on our own test servers. The problem occurs under both Oracle and MSSQL.
Open the object instance that you xogged in and click on Save. The new entry will be written to the inv_hierarchies table.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-51212 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
KEYWORDS: investment, XOG, CLRT-51212, clarity12open, Hierarchy, inv_hierarchies.