Inconsistency in the date format between Clarity action 'Export to Excel' and 'Export to Excel (Data Only)'. The expected format after export is 'dd/mm/yyyy' .
The 'Export to Excel' generates output in a formatted spreadsheet that makes it easier for users to see the data and the output is limited to a maximum amount of data using the number of columns and rows generated by the source query. The 'Export to Excel (Data Only)' option generates output formatted as simple data.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to any portlet having the date field in column list view. For example: Project list
- Select Export to Excel on the right hand corner . The Microsoft Excel sheet opens up in a separate window
- The date format of fields like 'start' , 'finish' show as 'dd/mm/yyyy'
- Click on configure icon and select 'export to excel(data only) ' . The excel sheet opens up in a separate window
- The date format of fields like 'start' , 'finish' show as 'dd/mm/yy'
- Verify the same behavior 13.0 , date format is consistent
Expected Result: Date format for 'Export to Excel(Data Only)' should be 'dd/mm/yyyy'
Actual Result: 'Export to Excel (Data Only' Date format is 'dd/mm/yy'
Format the column in the Microsoft Excel after the output is generated.
Format cells: date format = dd/mm/yyyy
Resolved in CA PPM 14.1