At several occasions while using Clarity XML Open Gateway (XOG) action between environments, you may face an issue of XOG returning an error because of special characters inside the read or write XML file being used. How do we find all the special characters that will cause this problem?
Use the following steps to modify the xml file with the issue:
- Make a copy of your XML file in case you need to start over
- Open the xml file in any Text editor supporting Regular Expression Find/Replace feature
- Open the Find/Replace edit window
- Select the Regular Expression option
- Find : [^&;:()a-zA-Z0-9" =./><_-~-]
- Replace with non special characters
- Save the file and perform the XOG action again
Keywords: CLARITYKB, how-to, configuration.