How can we find out the history of passwords that were created by our users in Clarity?
A table exists on the database that stores the historical passwords of each Clarity user. This table stores information when the same user performed the password change for their own account through the Home > Account Settings page. If an administrator user performs a password change of another user in Administration > Resource properties, this change is not reflected on the table.
- Open "SQL Management Studio"
- Table Name: CMN_PWD_VERSIONS
SELECT * FROM CMN_PWD_VERSIONS
- Each password change made by the user is stored on CMN_PWD_VERSIONS
The above table stores the following:
- The column "VALUE" stores the encrypted passwords
- The column "USER_ID" corresponds to User_ID of Table "CMN_SEC_USERS"
For related information, reference the following article:
TEC561943 : Clarity: How are passwords stored in the database?