Below are the rules for distributing ETC to assignments when using Task Estimating without estimating rules.
- If a task has several assignments all with the same amount of ETC, and you enter ETC in Task Estimating, then the ETC is distributed evenly across the assignments.
- If a task has several assignments with varying amounts of ETC, and you enter ETC in Task Estimating, then the ETC is distributed based on a ratio of the existing ETC on assignments.
- If an assignment has actuals and does not have ETC on it, the assignment status is automatically set to Completed. If you add a value to Task Estimating and click Save. The completed assignment will not get the ETC. You would need to manually add ETC first.
- If a task has a single assignment with no actuals and no ETC the status is Not Started. If you enter ETC in the Task estimating and click save, the ETC is applied to the assignment.
- If you have a task with two assignments, one with no actuals/ETC, and one with ETC. When you enter ETC in the task estimating and click save, the assignment with ETC will get all of it.
Example of ratio distribution of ETC:
Res1 1.0 ETC
Res2 2.0 ETC
Change task estimating ETC to 6.0 and save
Review the task assignments and res1 has 2.0 and res2 has 4.0
Res1 1.0 ETC
Res2 10.0 ETC
Change task estimating to 12.0 and save
Review the task assignments and Res1 has 1.09 and Res2 has 10.91
Keywords: CLARTYKB, Project Management, Task Estimating, ETC, Distribution, Assignment