We have to update a portlet available on Home > Resource Management: Resource Planning > Allocations tab. We have to add 4 new custom attributes(available in Project object). But we are not able to edit its System Provider "Team Allocations". Please let me know how to edit this portlet.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity
- Navigate to Resource Planning > Allocations Tab > Weekly Detail Portlet (action=projmgr.weeklyDetail)
The Resource Planning > Allocations tab has a portlet named 'Weekly Detail' (ID=projmgr.weeklyDetail).
This portlet uses the Data Provider named 'Team Allocations'. This is the Data provider for Team object with timescaled and aggregation support.
This data provider will display attributes available from the 'Team' Object.
If the customer wants to display attributes from the 'Project' Object on this data provider it can be accomplished by creating 'Virtual' attributes on the 'Team' object that reference the Project attribute.
Virtual attributes can be created on the Child Object for any attribute available on the Master Object.
Steps to Configure:
- Login to Clarity as an administrator user
- Administration > Studio: Objects > Team Object > Attributes
- Click 'New Virtual' button
- Step 1 of 2: Select Attributes of Referenced Items
In the Filter Section, select 'Project' or 'Investment' as the Master Object
Click 'Filter' button
Locate, select/check the appropriate project attribute
Click 'Add' button
- Step 2 of 2: Define Labels
Fill in Attribute Label and Attribute ID
This is the name of the attribute that will be shown on the Team Object
Click 'Finish' button
- Administration > Studio: Portlets
Locate, open Portlet ID 'projmgr.weeklyDetail'
- Navigate to List Column Section : Layout
Add the new virtual attribute to the Layout
Click 'Save' button
Make further configuration modifications on the field properties if needed
- Navigate to the Grid Portlet: General Properties page
Click 'Publish' button to push out new configuration to all end-users
NOTE: clicking 'Publish' will reset all end-user configurations to this portlet.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, how-to, configuration.