When using Edit Mode on the Project Team Details page for 'Allocations' and 'Hard Allocations', the fields are open for editing, however the end-user is encountering the red error message 'Hard Booking rights required to change the Hard Allocation'.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as a user with 'Resource - Soft Book' rights only (no Hard Book rights)
- Main Application > Projects > Team: Detail
- [--Actions--] Configure : Modify the layout of the Time Scaled Value so that both 'Allocation' and 'Hard Allocation' attributes appear
- Also add the 'Booking Status' attribute to the Team Detail portlet layout
- Save the layout configuration
- [--Actions--] Edit Mode
- Attempt to update cells for 'Allocation' and 'Hard Allocation'
- Click 'Save' button
- Red Error message appears "Hard Booking rights required to change the Hard Allocation"
Expected: The end-user did not expect to see the TSV cells for 'Hard Allocation' open for editing. It is misleading.
Actual: The end-user sees the TSV cells for 'Hard Allocation' open for editing.
Currently, the Time Scaled Value (TSV) widget cannot interpret access rights at a granular level. The current functionality operates in this fashion: If the TSV allows editing, the cells will be open and if data is entered and attempted to be saved, the application will generate a red error message to indicate that the end-user does not have the proper security access rights.
An Enhancement Request has been logged and in review by Product Management.
Reference: CLRT-58282 - Improve TSV Allow Editing Feature based on end-user access rights.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-58282, CLRT-14599, erq, nab.