XOG write of a single debit rule can cause the LAST_UPDATED_DATE to be updated for the entire CBK_GL_ALLOCATION_DETAIL table on V12 versions; the same problem also affects the CBK_GL_ALLOCATION table on 12.0.5 but not 12.0.6 or higher versions
Steps to Reproduce
There are some projects in the system where debit rules are set up (prior to today) with data entered in the GL Allocation in TSV area
- Check CBK_GL_ALLOCATION_DETAIL.LAST_UPDATED_DATE that there are some records with dates from the past
- Find a debit rule that has a few rows:
chargebacks tab of the project > Debit Rules > click on a rule > click on the GL Account link > create a few rows here
- XOG read this debit rule (see below for a sample XML)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="/niku/xog/src/webroot/WEB-INF/xog/xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd"> <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="glallocation" externalSource="NIKU"/> <Query> <Filter name="description" criteria="OR">DEBIT00001</Filter> </Query> </NikuDataBus>
- Remove one of the rows from this Debit Rule from the UI, Submit
- Verify CBK_GL_ALLOCATION_DETAIL.LAST_UPDATED_DATE that a row has been removed but the existing rows retain the old values
- XOG write in the debit rule allocation output from step 3 to bring back the removed row
- Verify from the UI that the previously removed row is now added back
- Check the CBK_GL_ALLOCATION_DETAIL.LAST_UPDATED_DATE column values
Expected Result: Only the rows for the debit rule used in the above XOG has today's date.
Actual Result: All rows in the entire table CBK_GL_ALLOCATION_DETAIL has today's day updated to the LAST_UPDATED_DATE column.
Resolved in 12.1.1 Generic Patch. Reference TEC553491
Resolved in 12.1.3 Generic Patch. Reference TEC570813
Resolved in 13.1.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-65926, clarity12resolved, clarity13resolved, clarity1310resolved, chargebacks, investment, invoices, revmgr.