A local Clarity application connected to Oracle DB. Configuring the Clarity System Administration (CSA) with an external Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) connection and using this reference in a custom lookup definition, the system throws "Unable to process request - Server error" error within the Clarity application and then onwards, doesn't respond to any of the requests given to the server.
The following exception errors are found in the logs:
com.niku.union.config.ConfigurationException: Could not retrieve a valid tenant
The system is fetching the values from the external database if it is the same database vendor (ie. Oracle/Oracle). Locally, I'm running Oracle DB for Clarity, and I tried using another Oracle DB as an external database. The system was able to run the NSQL query from the external DB to fetch data and the Clarity application continues to work.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an external MSSQL Server Connection in Clarity System Administration (CSA) for Clarity v13.2
- Create a user-defined table within this MSSQL Server Database Instance
- Perform a XOG write action to create a new Clarity user-defined dynamic query lookup definition that references this external database table
- Restart Clarity Application and Background Services
- Login to Clarity as an administrator user
- Administration, Data Administration: Lookups - search for the new dynamic query lookup created through XOG write action
- Open the lookup definition and navigate to the 'Browse Window' tab
- Click 'Preview' button
Expected Result: A successful connection is established ; no error is generated and application continues to work as expected.
Actual Result: An error message is generated on the page and the system becomes unstable and is not working as expected in other areas.
If you want to use an external database connection, use the same database vendor type used for Clarity or add the data into Clarity.
Resolved in Clarity 13.2.0 Generic Patch. Reference TEC599354
Resolved in Clarity 13.3.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-72846, clarity13resolved, clarity133resolved