If we have an icon field configured on a grid view and then export the data out to Microsoft Excel, the output automatically shows two columns - one column for the icon color and one column for the data value. Is there a way to change this configuration?
Steps to Reproduce:
- Configure any grid list view or portlet to include an image icon attribute. Example attributes are Risk Score and Alignment Score
- Navigate to the list view or portlet that has rows with data showing on the image icons
- Click on the 'Options' icon (on the portlet header bar) > Export to Excel (Data Only)
The application is behaving as expected. The output to Excel for the image icons had the additional column showing the data value because it is expected that the end-user will want to manipulate or analyze the data values for these attributes.
There are several different types of attributes that will have extra columns as shown in the example.
- Column C and Column D are shown as icons in the Clarity application and are generated as a single column in the Export output with the 'value'. These types of Icons are for hyperlinks and will show the 'value' output in Excel and the value will be a hyperlink
- Number Attributes configured in Clarity to show Image Icons - Export output shows one column for the value and one column for the color
- Investment Stage Attribute - this specific attribute will generate 3 columns in the export output - one column for the 'Current Stage Name', one column for the 'Current Stage Number' and one column for the 'Number of Stages'
- Money Attributes - Money attributes will have an extra column shown for the associated Currency Code