Now that external billing is no longer available in v13, a 'Standard' Financial Project Type that has chargeable transactions cannot be closed. A cryptic error message is generated : Error odf.pmd.20058. In prior versions, this error message indicated "REVMGR-20058 - Unable to close project because some transactions in wip have amount remaining greater than 0". The application should not check for this condition because the application no longer has any functionality that will reduce the amount to zero.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a Project
- Navigate to Financial Properties page
- Select a Company ID (a company that has active, financial properties)
- Fill in all other financial properties, set the Financial Status = 'Open' and Financial Type = 'Standard'
- Add a financially, active Resource to the Project and to a task
- Create some 'chargeable' financial transactions for this resource on this project, (either through transaction entry or through timesheets)
- Post the transactions to WIP (and if you created transaction entries, import the financial actuals back to the project
- If you are using Chargebacks, process the chargebacks and execute the 'Generate invoices' job to post to GL Accounts using debit and credit rules
- Navigate to the project, financial properties page
- Change the financial status to 'Closed'
- Click 'Save' or 'Submit' button
Expected Result: If all financial transactions have been posted into WIP, the Financial Status should be allowed to be closed
Actual Result: A cryptic error message with no description is shown on the UI - Error odf.pmd.20058
Changing the Financial Type to 'Internal' will allow for the Financial Status to be set to 'Closed' because the application does not check for thiscondition when the financial status = 'internal'.
This issue is documented as CLRT-72912 and is in review with development.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-72912, clarity13open, revmgr-20058