If you create a template with roles assigned to the task which has zero allocation and no etc, you can create a cost plan and populate it from the task assignments. However, when you create a new project from that template and then try to populate the plan again from task assignments on the new project, you will receive Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into Clarity
- Select Projects from the left hand navigation bar
- Select New to create a new project
- Complete the necessary fields and mark the project as a template and save
- Go to the Schedule link under of the Project Properties tab and ensure the project dates are entered as well as the charge code
- Go to the Financials link under the Project Properties tab and ensure all the financial details are entered and the financials is set to Open
- Go to the Team tab and add some roles to the project and allocate them zero to the project
- Go to the Task tab and create two new tasks
- Assign the roles you added to the team to the task
- Edit the ETC to zero for both task assignments so that the tasks have no ETC
- Go to the Financial Plans tab and create a New Manual plan
- Enter all required details and ensure that the Grouping attribute is Role and then Save the plan
- Select the Detail tab and select Populate from Task Assignments from the Actions drop down menu
- You will notice that the plan is populated with nothing (but no error appears)
- Now go back to the List of projects
- Select New from template and create a new project from the template you created above
- Enter all the required details and save the new project copied from the template.
- Check the schedule and financial settings to ensure that all details are correct and the project is open for financials
- Go to the Financial Plan Tab and select the cost plan copied over from the template
- Go to the cost plan Details tab and again select Populate from task assignments from the Actions drop down menu
Expected Result: The Cost Plan is populated with zero values
Actual Result: Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator appears
The following error can be found from the app-ca.log:
performance.PerformanceMonitor (clarity:admin:6022372__33CB4933-F6E0-45F0-B979-D1E4E07C8241:revmgr.populateFromResourcePlan) Mismatch in timing element stack, where titles do not match ('webRequest' != 'action') or ids do not match ('revmgr.populateFromResourcePlan' != 'revmgr.populateFromResourcePlan')
Create the template with non-zero allocation and ETC and the error is not reproducible when copying the project from template and re-populating the tasks from the assignments.
Go back to the original template, edit the project with non-zero values for the allocation and ETC for the assignments on the tasks. Re-populate the cost plan from task assignments. Create a new project from the template and you will see that the Error 500 is not reproducible. You can then go back to the template and again set the allocation and ETC back to zero and from here forward the template allows to be copied and re-populating the cost plans from task assignments result in no error.
Resolved in Clarity 13.0 Generic Patch. Reference TEC572268
Resolved in Clarity 13.1 Generic Patch. Reference TEC581256
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-68291, clarity13resolved.