When you have an existing, approved Budget and you submit a new Cost Plan of Record for Approval, if the new Cost Plan Start Period does not match the Approved Budget Start Period, an Error 500 is generated.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity
- Home > Projects > Create a new project (schedule dates 1/1/12 - 12/31/13)
- Associate the project with a Department OBS Unit so Cost Plans can be created
- Create a new Cost Plan (COSTPLAN1) with a few fiscal periods (ie. Jan-2012 to Mar-2012) and populate with Planned Units and Planned Costs data
- Select the Cost Plan and submit for Approval as the first Budget (BUDGET1)
- Approve BUDGET01
- Select the existing COSTPLAN1 > Action Menu > Copy Cost Plan > setting the new cost plan fiscal periods to be shifted so as not to start in Jan-2012. (ie. Apr-2012 to Jun-2012)
- Set the new COSTPLAN2 as the Plan of Record (POR)
- Select COSTPLAN2 > Action Menu > Submit Plan of Record for Approval > Fill in the name, ID and Description of the new Budget
- Click 'Submit for Approval' button
- Navigate to COSTPLAN2 > Properties page. Change the Start Period to be the same as the Start Period on the existing, approved Budget Plan (Jan-2012) - doing this will make the plan have the additional periods ; you can add planned units and planned costs if you want or leave it. When this plan is submitted for approval, the new budget will update all periods.
- Select COSTPLAN2 > Action Menu > Submit Plan of Record for Approval > Fill in the new Budget Name, ID, and Description. Also, change the Start Period to MATCH the existing Budget Start period
- Click 'Submit for Approval' Button
- The new budget is 'Submitted'. The Start Period can be changed now before you approve the new budget
- Open BUDGET2 properties > Change the Start Period to Apr-2012 > Save
- Now you can approve BUDGET2
Resolved in Clarity 13.1 Generic Patch. Reference TEC581256
Resolved in Clarity 13.2
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-67890, clarity13resolved, clarity132resolved.