If there is an existing file stored in Clarity DMS Collaboration, if the end-user checks out the document, makes changes to increase the size of the file and uploads it or checks it back in with a size that is greater than the CSA 'File Upload Size Limit' the application does not check for this limitation and the file is uploaded successfully.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to NSA > Server Properties > Documents and Search Tab
- Set 'File Upload Size Limit' = 20 (In megabytes, whole numbers only)
- Click 'Save' button
- Restart Services
- Log into Clarity as a user with access for Project > Collaboration or KnowledgeStore
- Upload a file that is less than the specified limitation (< 20 MB)
- Check out the File
- Modify the file making the overall size greater than the specified limitation (>20 MB)
- Check in the File
Expected Result: DMS-01032: the system did not receive the file data. There was either a session timeout, or the uploaded data exceeded the maximum size limit of 20 MB. Please try again.
Actual Result: The upload action is successful
Resolved in Clarity 13.3
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-67500, clarity13resolved, clarity133resolved.