If a resource is terminated prior to the project end date, or has allocation finish date prior to the project end date, creating a cost plan using "New from Investment Team" will fail even though the resource has a matching rate from the rate matrix up until either the termination date or project allocation finish date.
It seems as if the system must find a rate for each team member first, then accounts for the allocation to calculate the cost.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create two resources, add rows in a rate matrix so that:
Resource A has a rate starting on 1/1/2010 and ending on 12/31/2014
Resource B has a rate starting on 1/1/2010 and ending on 12/31/2013
- Create a new project whose start and end dates are within the date rages of your rates. In this example, the project will start on 1/1/2012, and ends on 12/31/2013.
- Financially enable the project and select the rate matrix that your resources are in.
- Add both resources to project Team; their allocation automatically gets set to finish on 12/31/2013
- Create a Cost Plan using the New from Investment Team functionality. **The Cost plan will create normally**
- Update the End Date of your project to a date greater than 12/31/2013 and less than 12/31/2014, say 6/30/2014. Both resources will now have their allocation finish dates automatically extended to 6/30/2014
- Update resource B's allocation to end on 12/31/2013 as this is when he has a rate to.
- Create a new Cost Plan using the New from Investment Team functionality.
Expected Result: Cost plan is created successfully, Resource B would have no data populated to the plan past 12/31/2013.
Actual Result: Receive error REVMGR-20726:Rates are missing for one or more roles/resources. Same result after inactivating and setting termination date on the resource.
Create a Catch-All row in the rate matrix using an asterisk * in all columns, and cost and rate of 0 to allow population of the plan to go through. Review the populated plan.
This is documented as CLRT-69003 and is currently under Development review for a solution.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-69003, clarity13open, REVMGR-20726, populate.