Clicking on 'Copy From' on a sub-object instance return sub-object instances from all Projects, they are not filtered by project id so that you will only see the instances from the current project. Why?
Steps to Reproduce:
- Clarity Studio -> New -> create an object named "Project Sub-object A"
- Select the radio button for 'Sub-object'
- Select 'Project' as the Master Object, select the checkboxes for 'Event Enabled' and 'Copy Enabled'
- Clarity Application page -> Projects -> select a project "Project One" and navigate to the 'Project Sub-object A List' subpage
Repeat step 2 to create two new instances "CCC" and "DDD" on another project "Project Two"
- Click New and populate all required fields to create two new instances "AAA" and "BBB"
From the Properties page of "CCC" click 'Copy From'
Expected: Clarity returns only "DDD" created on project "Project Two".
Actual: Clarity returns all "AAA", "BBB", and "DDD" from both projects.
This is by design; all sub-objects of all projects should be returned. The object copy functionality allows one sub-object to be copied from another sub-object, regardless of object type or parent object instance. For example, a sub-object instance of Project can copy from a sub-object instance of idea (if there is such an object mapping defined); a sub-object instance of Project can copy from a sub-object instance of another project object instance (that you have access to).
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-16326, NAB, sub-object, odf_parent_id, portlet.