The XML Open Gateway Developer's Guide states the following for ContentPack export rules:
"Jobs and reports definitions
During import, the imported attributes of the definition match the user interface exactly."
Report parameters are the only job type permitted to have multiple values for browse/pulldown lookups. When setting multiple default values for a parameter of this kind, the XOG export contains only the first default value in the XML attribute.
<parameter code="x" dataType="string"
readOnly="false" required="false" widgetType="browse">
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ensure there are multiple active charge codes in the system
- Navigate to Admin Tool > Jobs and Reports
- Create a new job of Type: Report
- Create a new parameter, Type: Browse, Lookup Style: Multiple-select, Browse: Active Charge Codes
- After Saving, click the Browse icon and select more than one item as a default
- Click Save again
- XOG the report definition out using cmn_sch_job_definitions_read.xml
- XOG the report definition back into Clarity again.
Expected Result: The report definition would be unchanged, and the XOG file would contain multiple default values for the report's parameter.
Actual Result: The report definition only has the first default value selected, the XOG file contains only the one default value instead of multiple.
- After successful XOG write action, login to Clarity as an Administrator User
- Admin Tool > Reports and Jobs > locate and click on the Report Name link
- Report > Parameters > click on the multiple-select parameter and in the parameter properties page, select more default values
This behavior only affects Report Definitions; Job Definitions with multiple-select parameters are not affected.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-61651. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Technical Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-61651, clarity12open, njs.jobDefParameters, njs.jobDefParameterEdit.