Changing the configuration of a stock attribute that is designed for an 'Enter Once' value causes the field not to work on the Create View for that field. The specific example described uses the Portfolio (PFM) Object and the 'Currency Code' for the 'Create Portfolio' view.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to a Clarity multi-currency enabled system with more than one active currency code as an administrator user
- In a standard configuration, Home, Portfolios, click 'New' button and observe the 'Currency' field allows the end-user to pick one of the active multi-currency codes. The field is marked Required, Enter Once in the standard, stock configuration
- Administration, Studio: Objects, Portfolio Object, Views - Portfolio Properties [Fields]
- Open the 'Currency' field to edit the field properties
- Uncheck the 'Enter Once' option
- Click 'Save and Return' button, return to the list of Views - note the view is now marked 'Modified'
- Home, Portfolios, click 'New' button to see the 'Create Portfolio' view
Expected Result: The application allowed a configuration change to uncheck Enter Once, the field should still allow the user to select a value on the Create View
Actual Result: The field does not have a pull-down to allow the end-user the ability to select a value and it is a blank, non-editable field.
- Administration, Views
- Search for 'pfm_portflioCreate' property view
- Select/checkmark this item
- Click 'Restore Defaults' button
- Click 'Yes' button to confirm the view restoration
- Home, Portfolios, click 'New' button
The user can now select an active currency code for this field.
This issue is documented as CLRT-73597.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-73597, clarity13open