If you create a project process, associate it to a template process with tasks in the Work Breakdown Structure, and then create a system action to copy WBS tasks, you cannot remove the tasks once they have been added.
Happens under both MSSQL and Oracle for Clarity 12.0.1 - 12.0.6.
STEPS TO RECREATE:
- Create a Template Project that contains 2 or more tasks in the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Create a new Process based on the Project Object and associated to the template you created in Step 1.
- Create a step with a System Action.
- Choose Copy Task From WBS Template from the Action menu.
- Under External Tasks select one or more tasks from the list.
- Click Save.
- Try to remove one of those tasks using the trash can.
EXPECTED RESULTS: Task should be removed from the list.
ACTUAL RESULTS: Task is not removed from the list.
Delete the system action and create a new one with only the tasks you want selected.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-52595 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
KEYWORDS: CLARITYKB, CLRT-52595, clarity12open, BPM, Process, Task, delete, system action, WBS Template, prjmgr, tasklist.