Activating Fiscal Time Periods - Automatically locks 'Active' field and cannot be changed back to inactive immediately
Setting a Fiscal Period to 'Active' automatically locks that period and cannot be deactivated immediately. The Clarity Administrator should have the ability to change the period back to inactive if it is not being used anywhere. Using the steps below you will see that the period is activated and immediately you cannot change it back to inactive status. This is occurring for any fiscal period, on any entity.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Clarity as an Administrator user
- Administration > OBS > Create 'My Financial Departments' OBS with at least 1 OBS Unit
- Administration > OBS > Create 'My Financial Locations' OBS with at least 1 OBS Unit
- Administration > Finance : Setup > Entities > Create 'My Entity' using the OBS created
- 'My Entity' > Fiscal Periods > Create 1 Fiscal Time Period
- Mark the Period Active
Expected Result: The Fiscal Time Period is not being used in the application, therefore the 'Active' field should not be locked.
Actual Result: The 'Active' field is locked and cannot be changed.
This is how the application behaves. It behaved in the same manner in version 12.
To Deactivate the Fiscal Period:
- Go to the Fiscal Period List View
- Select/checkmark the active Fiscal Period
- Go to the 'Actions' menu > click 'Deactivate'
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-67503, how-to, revmgr.