The technical details in this document cover a specific scenario for launching published Citrix Applications via the SSO client installed on a Citrix Presentation Server. This is one of two known supported configurations (Single Client/Dual Client) tested by QA for SSO. There are other known configurations that can be implemented for your solution. We recommend to employ CA Technical Services for any out-of-the-norm solutions you are looking for.
- Note well: If you are interested in the dual-client method of operation for achieving Single Sign-On in the Citrix Presentation Server environment, please consult with the following pages in the CA SSO Implementation Guide; Chapter 15: Implementing Citrix Application Migration
- This solution will use Windows Authentication as a pass-through for a users' windows credentials from a common desktop into the Citrix Program Neighborhood.
- This document assumes you have sufficient knowledge of creating Application Resources on an SSO server and applying Access Control Rules to them.
- This document assumes that you have prior knowledge of working with both the Citrix Presentation Server and ICA client pieces.
Installation of SSO client on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 for single client mode of operation.
- Run setup of SSO client on the Citrix Server (We are using 8.1 CR20 client release but this applies to all versions of SSO.)
- Accept the license agreement
- Install to default location (normally M: Drive on Citrix)
- Select the typical installation option
- Specify your SSO server list in the ServerSet configuration page.
- Enter in the hostnames of the Windows Authentication Agent servers. In this example they are installed on the same hosts as SSO server is.
- Enter in your trusted certificate paths or use the samples provided with SSO.
- Click Install to continue.
- Do not restart machine.
- Click next on the MSI dialog to close it.
- Click finish.
- Find and open your Auth.ini and Client.ini files present in M:\Program Files\CA\SSOINSTALLDIR\Client\cfg and make the following changes respectively.
- Change ServerSetSelection=0 to ServerSetSelection=3
- Change AutoNetworkAuth=no to AutoNetworkAuth=yes
- In Client.ini:
- Change SsoSignOffOnExit=no to SsoSignOffOnExit=yes
Creation of Citrix Published Application for use with the SSO client.
- Open the Citrix Access Management Console and navigate to Citrix Resources > Presentation Server > "Citrix_Farm" > Applications > Common Tasks > New > Publish Application
- Go through each dialog box and enter the appropriate information for your new application. The example here is for "Notepad for Terminal". Location is the most important screen. You will not enter in the path to the application itself but instead enter the path to the SSO client interpreter executable and then the name of the application created in Single Sign-On application resources.
- Once complete you may reboot your Citrix server.
Common Desktop Configuration for use with Citrix Published Applications.
- Install the Citrix ICA32 Client on a common workstation. (Windows XP SP2 is being used as the example)
- Login to the "Citrix_Farm" Program Neighborhood with the ICA Client. (example shown is using the domain Administrator account)
- You should automatically see the new published application in the Application Set Manager window.
- Double-Click on the Application you want to run. You should see the SSO client status bar progress. This is taking the credentials of the user that is currently logged into the Citrix ICA Network Neighborhood. NOTE: There is no SSO client installed on this machine.
- You should be presented with the SSO client learn mode screen for the application. Fill in the credentials for your application to be automatically launched every time you use it.
You have now finished the single SSO client mode of operation for Citrix Presentation Server.